We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our friendly Finance Team, on a fixed term contract providing maternity cover.
- Accurate month end reporting completed within timetable, including
- Month end journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure correct allocation of costs between departments based on approved budget
- Credit control
- Credit check and set credit terms for new customers
- Liaise with customers re outstanding balances and collect same
- Weekly trade debtors reporting
- Approval of shipments
- Treasury support
- Weekly bank payment runs
- Daily verification of exchange rates
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Posting into accounts system (SAP):
- bank transactions
- supplier invoices
- AP/AR ledger reviews/reconciliations
- Management of accounts mailbox
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Qualified by Experience/Part qualified/Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Practical hands-on experience of managing credit control
- Good all-round knowledge and experience of working a in small accounts team.
- A good communicator who is not afraid to put their opinion forward
- Detail conscious with an analytical mind who likes to drill down and find out what the cause of a problem is
- Experience of collating information from multiple sources and summarising into a report
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise own work
- Driven to achieve deadlines
Quixant plc is recognised as a market leader in the design and manufacture of market-focused embedded electronic hardware, software and display solutions. The business has a pedigree in the supply of innovative computer platforms and monitor solutions for the gaming and slot machine industry and also a widespread business in the supply of industrial display and HMI products.
Headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange, the business has grown both organically and via acquisition and currently has a market capitalisation of £100m. The business is a global enterprise with offices in 9 countries.
The company majors on the importance of a collaborative, friendly, dynamic, merit-driven culture.