We’re looking for an Infrastructure Support Analyst to enhance our Infrastructure team.
Quixant is a global leader in sector-specific technology manufacturing with around 200 staff and offices in Europe, North America and Asia.
Substantial growth both prior to and during the pandemic has increased the demand for IT support. This has led to a review of the global IT team structure and the creation of several new roles.
As an Infrastructure Support Analyst, this role would suit someone who has experience working either in a corporate IT department or with an MSP background.
You will be reporting to the Infrastructure Manager and be a member of the highly regarded Group Technology Services team. You will be responsible for both providing a high standard of IT support to primarily European staff in all departments of the business in addition to delivery of infrastructure projects.
The role is full time and office based with the occasional need to work out of hours to complete infrastructure maintenance tasks, as required.
The Quixant IT landscape is based predominantly on the Microsoft stack, both on-premises and cloud.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support to the business as part of the global technology team.
- Respond to email, instant messages and telephone calls for technical support.
- Travel to the other UK office on a regular basis to provide an onsite presence.
- Travel to international offices to complete maintenance and upgrades as required.
- Complete desktop, network and server infrastructure maintenance tasks.
- Complete new user provisioning and onboarding including purchasing.
- Asset management and vendor / third party management.
- Maintaining and monitoring server rooms.
- Conduct regular training sessions with staff to demonstrate and showcase new technologies and capabilities.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to systems, assets and software.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in general on-premises systems administration.
- 5+ years of experience supporting a Microsoft Azure / Microsoft 365 environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role providing helpdesk and infrastructure support.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Keen to learn and a fast learner.
- Approachable, friendly and presentable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a systematic and rigorous approach to work.
- Experience working in either a corporate or service provider support role.
- Resourcefulness – ability to work as part of a team or unattended to find information.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, meet goals and deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, personal organisational skills and not afraid to ask questions.
- High standard of service and project delivery.
- Ability to always maintain company confidentiality.
- Cyber security mindset.
- Cost conscious.
- Full driving licence.
- Desktop and laptop hardware support.
- SonicWall NSA/TZ firewall support.
- Xerox printer support.
- Mobile device support – Android and iOS.
- Video conferencing equipment – Teams Meeting Room devices.
- General knowledge of AWS public cloud.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office application suite.
- General knowledge of Microsoft 365 management and user provisioning.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Intune, OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams.
- General understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
- Experience administering and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019.
- Windows 10 desktop support including BitLocker.
- Experience administering and supporting Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Comfortable using PowerShell to perform administrative tasks.
- Experience supporting VMware vSphere environment.
Service Delivery & Management
- Helpdesk support
- Asset management
- Vendor management
- Experience maintaining HPE ProLiant server infrastructure.
- Experience supporting Logitech and Microsoft Teams meeting room equipment.
- Exposure to Twilio or other SIP based telephony platform.
- Exposure to Atlassian products including Confluence and Service Desk.
- Exposure to multi-factor authentication products.
- Exposure to Microsoft Intune, MDM and MAM.
- Exposure to SAP Business One.
- Microsoft server technologies certification.
- ITIL certification or knowledge.
- PowerShell scripting skills.
- General experience in a commercial IT environment .
- Foreign language skills, specifically Mandarin and Japanese.