We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced customer-focused Field Applications Engineering (FAE) to join our team and work collaboratively with our Business Development Managers to provide focussed solutions to our customers. The role of FAE is critical to our business it is a multi-faceted role requiring the individual to be confident in their engineering and technical abilities and to be sales/ customer facing.
We are developing new business opportunities in Broadcast, Test & Measurement, Medical & Scientific, Industrial, Transportation, Smart Home & Security, & Electric Charging applications for Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions. Your role will have links to the global teams for the successful growth support of multinational customers across the Densitron group.
- Work with potential customers to develop successful system level solutions with a heavy focus on the embedded design.
- Serve as a technology expert for our customers
- Partner with Densitron Business Development Managers (BDMs) to sell our design and manufacturing capabilities (ODM+)
- Must be able to quickly build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Assist customers in understanding products and perform product demonstrations
- Overseeing the installation and configuration of systems and perform troubleshooting
- Project Manage a full system design from concept to production
- Develop and determine various product features, perform tests, and prepare documents
- Develop and maintain documents for designs and application notes and provide updates
- Assist BDMs in quoting process and proposal generation
- Prepare and give sales presentations with BDMs to customers
- Provide training to BDMs and Customer Success Representatives (CSRs) on new products and help market these products to the appropriate customers
- This position will be supporting strategic customers in the US and Canada. Estimated 25% travel.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of embedded system design using x86 and ARM architectures, and related operating systems Linux, Windows 10, Android, etc.
- Knowledge of Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and related hardware
- Knowledge of BIOS/firmware, and application software integration
- Embrace customer-centric mindset and be comfortable in an outward-facing role
- Knowledge of and experience in the broadcast market is preferred
- 3+ years of Project Management Experience is preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills. Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus.
- Experience with MS Project, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and project management tools